Sunday, October 16, 2011

Engaged!!! :)

So, the word on the street is that I am engaged :) and it is true!!! October 8th, 2011 Ken Decker proposed to me! People keep asking me for the story so I figured I would write it down right here! Here we go!
The week leading up to the proposal Ken had me convinced that we were going to look at rings when I was home that weekend. I had a half marathon on the 8th, the Pink Half in Park City that I was running with mom, helping her to break 2 hours. So we spent time looking online at different rings and planning for the weekend. Fast forward to the weekend. I got home friday around 3:00. Mom, me and Ken went up to Park City to pick up or packets and mom disappered for about twenty minutes to "pick up Kelly's (my roommate) race packet" but really, she was setting stuff up. After we got our packets, we went and watched Dani swim in the blue and white meet, which was awesome!
Saturday morning, mom and I headed up to Park City for the race and it was FREEZING!!! 30 degrees out at the start of the race and it was definitely snowing... but thats ok, we were just excited to run! We started the race with lots of layers to keep warm and a goal to finish and hopefully under 2 hours. 13.1 miles later, after 6 or 7 gel packs and a whole lot of un-layering we crossed the finish line! 1:59.51, PERSONAL BEST FOR MOM!! Crossing the finish line I saw this very handsome looking guys standing there in a pinstripe suit and a pink tie. It was Ken! I was suprised and pretty confused hahahaha! He gave me a hug and my finisher's medal. After that he started saying sweet things to me like I love you, and awesome stuff like that :) and before I knew what was going on he was down on one knee asking me if I would marry him! I was sooo suprised!!!! So many emotions, but all happy!! I was smiling and laughing and just overall in shock! Of course I said yes, gave him a hug, or a few some kisses and between the hugs, kisses and laughing Ken asked me if I wanted to put the ring on, then I saw it and it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! This whole proposal was everything I wanted and so much more. My family was there, I have the most amazing fiance, my ring is beautiful, we have it documented on film and lots of pictures! Working on putting some of the pictures up here, but my internet is being crazy... so here is the link to the video if you want to see it, and hopefully I'll get some pictures up a little later!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zGud23QRak

Now we are working on the planning the wedding. The date is set for March 23, 2012 and we couldn't be happier! Life is so good and I am excited for what the future holds of us! Hopefully I'll get a little better and keeping this updated with wedding developments!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh! That's so exciting! :D So where are you guys getting married at? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats cuz...a little angela bird told me about this and I loved the video. Also my son enjoyed watching the videos of Dani on you tube over and over again!

    ReplyDelete

newsletter templateslayoutmyspace sing upheaderswordpress themeblogsbackground bloggers Love Story 3 column Instructions Artwork Information: Design elements for this blog background are provided by: Free valentines day blog background, hearts, stitching, flowers, 3 columns -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Our backgrounds work best with the Minima Template or Picture Window Template To apply this background: 1. Log onto your blog. 2. Click on your 'Design' tab or 'Layout' tab. 3. Click 'Add a Gadget'. 4. Click on the (+) sign next to 'HTML/JavaScript'. 5. Paste the entire code in that space. 6. Click 'Save' and you now have a new HOT blog! *All images, backgrounds and content on this website are copyright of thecutestblogontheblock.com. Any distribution or use other than personal is strictly prohibited and the free code supplied must remain in its entirety by law. By viewing/using the content you are agreeing to this websites terms and conditions. Copy & Paste This Code: